Lead Removal In New Jersey
Lead has been acknowledged as a harmful environmental contaminant. It may be among the most prevalent environmental threats to children’s health in New Jersey and the US generally. Poor lead removal can amplify the risk of exposure, which is why such assignments should always be left to EPA-certified experts, like our team here at AAA Lead Professionals.
We are trained in lead abatement techniques, and we know what to do and make the environment you live or work, a safe place to be.
Buildings That May Need Our Lead Renovation Services
- Historical buildings and buildings constructed before 1978
- Commercial properties
- Industrial buildings
- Child care facilities
- Structural steel buildings
New Jersey’s Recent Lead Regulations
In 2021, Gov. Phil Murphy signed three bills into law to eliminate common sources of lead exposure in New Jersey.
One new law (S1147) targets lead dust and paint, the most common sources of lead exposure. It requires any rental home built before 1978 to be inspected and tested for lead.
The second law (A5343) required every community water system to replace every lead service line in its network within ten years.
The last law (A5407) lifts restrictions on special assessments and bond issuances linked to the replacement of residential lead service lines.
Lead Paint Hazards That Necessitate Our Lead Removal Services
In most cases, lead paint that’s in good condition does not pose a health hazard. However, during remodeling, renovations, or when lead paint starts to deteriorate, lead dust and paint chips become a hazard. If your lead paint is in one of the above conditions, you should contact a lead removal contractor like us for evaluation and remediation services.
Common sources for lead paint hazards that require remediation include:
- Chipping, cracking, chipping, or chalking of lead paint
- Lead paint on surfaces that experience excessive wear, including doors, door frames, windows, window sills, hardwood floors, stairs, stair rails, fences, or porches
- Lead paint on surfaces, which kids may come into contact with
- Lead in soil around houses or buildings
Other areas where lead paint can pose a significant risk include multi-family buildings, as any lead issue can be amplified due to the high number of people who could be potentially affected.
In addition, industrial activities may churn out lead or lead-by products that contaminate buildings, water, and soil. In such situations, lead paint removal is required to remove hazards.
At AAA Lead Professionals, we understand these common sources of contamination, and we are experienced in all kinds of lead abatement projects.
Can I Remove Lead Myself?
Regulations enacted in 1995 require New Jersey firms carrying out lead abatement projects to be certified. These regulations are referred to as the “Lead Hazard Evaluation and Abatement Code.”
In addition, EPA’s lead renovation, repair, and painting rule requires that companies performing projects that disturb lead paint in homes, pre-schools, and child care facilities constructed before 1978 be certified by EPA and follow lead-safe work practices.
While the Lead Renovation, Repair, and Painting Rule doesn’t apply to people painting, repairing, or renovating their own homes, DIY projects can create lead dust easily.
Actually, without the right tools and training, you might make your home or work premises even more dangerous. Always leave the job to top lead removal companies like AAA lead professionals, who have the equipment or experience to handle such risky jobs.
Our Lead Removal Process
Our team will decide the most effective way to remove lead, based on the info contained in the report. The lead removal process commences when they determine the course of action, and the process may involve:
- Enclosure – This entails covering a lead-based surface like walls with a new surface. Be warned if the new surface is ever removed, the lead paint will be accessible again, and your family or tenants will be exposed.
- Replacement – You may have doors, windows, molding, or other parts of the building that have been painted in lead paint. For this method, we replace these parts with a new lead-free alternative.
- Encapsulation – When we use this abatement method, we cover the surface containing lead with specialized paint. This usually seals in the lead paint and stops it from deteriorating. It’s worth noting that the specialized paint will wear eventually, and you will need a fresh coating.
- Paint removal – We may decide that getting rid of the lead-based paint is the most practical option for your circumstances. In such a situation, we will use different methods to eliminate it. At times, this involves electric sanding, wet hand scraping, or wire brushing. We always ensure we use a HEPA vacuum so that lead particles don’t spread all over your home or business premises in the process. When we have gotten rid of the paint, we will clean the surface to remove any remaining dust. At this point, we can repaint the surface with lead-free paint.
Note: All the debris gotten from the site is disposed of appropriately. Our debris collection and removal process meet certified hazardous good removal standards.
Costs for Lead Removal New Jersey Services
The cost of lead abatement varies depending on the type of abatement method used and the supposed coverage area. However, when you get in touch with us, we can provide you with a free estimate for your lead abatement work.
Service Areas For
- Atlantic County
- Bergen County
- Burlington County
- Camden County
- Cape May County
- Cumberland County
- Essex County
- Gloucester County
- Hudson County
- Hunterdon County
- Mercer County
- Middlesex County
- Monmouth County
- Morris County
- Ocean County
- Passaic County
- Salem County
- Somerset County
- Sussex County
- Union County
- Warren County
- And other areas in New Jersey state
Schedule Your Free Consultation Today!
If your building was constructed before 1978, it is likely that there are lead-based paint dangers in your ceilings, walls, doors, windows, or exterior finishes. At AAA Lead Professionals, we have helped many residential homes, schools, hospitals, child-care facilities, and consumer product manufacturing industries alleviate their lead issues. Get in touch today for a free estimate!
Request A Quote732-719-5649
What Our Clients Say
Amazing service and pricing. Over the last 10 years of doing construction, I only use AAA for any of my lead paint, asbestos, or mold issues throughout any of my properties. I have gotten quotes from other companies but AAA was always cheaper and have much better costumer service. I would never use another company!
Working with Joe was a great experience. The company is very professional and does great work at a very fair price. We had asbestos and lead remediation as well as many replacement windows . The job was done in record time and the crew was great.
Highly responsive contractor that goes above and beyond to accommodate strict schedules. I highly recommend Joe and his team. I have used him on various projects for Lead & Asbestos testing as well as abatement and he out performed my expectations.
We used AAA to remediate lead dust from our garage, basement and exterior flower beds. They worked with us to fit our schedule, helped navigate the delicate nature of the work and were very open to using specific products that we preferred. This was a very stressful time period for us and AAA was a major asset.
AAA took my Lead headache and turned it into a pleasurable experience!
Joe went above and beyond to accommodate our tight work schedule and got the work done professionally. I would highly recommend AAA Leadprofessionals to solve your lead abatement issues.
C Marshall Gorman
AAA Lead Professionals is very reliable and very reasonable in price. Easy to make an appointment, Joe always gets back to you within 24 hours . He knows the laws that he state requires regarding lead and makes sure all is covered. I highly recommend AAA Lead Professionals.
We took AAP services for lead inspection and removal for our home. They are very professional and did a really excellent job. Their quotation for job was very good / reasonable compared to others. We highly recommend them to all.
Joseph and his crew were hired to remove asbestos at one house and test for lead at another house. They were on time, professional, and well priced. I was happy with their services and will turn to them again for any future need